This Code of Conduct is to protect and strengthen the reputation of the Kalgoorlie City Football Club (KCFC), by establishing a standard of performance, behavior and professionalism for its players and supporters.
The Code of Conduct is the expected behavior of all those involved at Kalgoorlie City Football Club, and its principles are expected to be adhered to at all times.
The Code of Conduct has been developed by the committee of the Kalgoorlie City Football Club.
REPRESENTING THE CLUB
When representing the KCFC you are expected to behave in a manner that upholds the reputation of this club.
You are representing the KCFC when you are in the following situations:
- When dressed in club attire or in anything that links you to the club, this includes on field and off field apparel.
- When you are in the Club premise
- As any part of any representative team player, coach or official
- When you are supporting the club at any home and away or finals fixture
- When attending any function on behalf of the cl
- When conducting any fundraising activities on behalf of any section of the club
- When you are at any event organised by the Club or the Goldfields Football league (GFL)
RESPECT OF OUR ROOMS & FACILITIES
The KCFC expects that all players and supporters that frequent and use the Club’s rooms and facilities will do so in a responsible and respectful manner. Any behaviour that could be viewed as intimidating to person or property, or damaging to person or property will be met with a strictly ‘no tolerance’ attitude from the KCFC. Any person observed to be acting in an irresponsible manner as outlined above will be immediately requested to leave the Club’s premises; and where appropriate face disciplinary consequences.
RESPECT OF ROOMS & FACILITIES OTHER CLUBS
The KCFC expects that all players and supporters to show the same standard of respect and behaviour while visiting and using other Club’s facilities and rooms. Any person representing the KCFC observed to be acting in a manner construed to breach this code to may be subject to disciplinary action.
The Club is committed to conducting its activities in a manner that encourages responsible service and consumption of alcohol.
The Club accepts that it occupies a community leadership position in setting standards for a wide range of social and sporting behaviour.
Establishing benchmarks for responsible alcohol consumption and reducing the harm associated with excessive alcohol consumption is in the interests of the Club at all levels and the wider community.
As such; participating Players, Coaching Staff and Committee attending Training Sessions and Match days, must do so with no impairment from the effects of alcohol.
Unacceptable behaviour contrary to the Club’s Code of Conduct, whilst representing or attending club related activities, as a consequence of consuming or whilst under the influence of alcohol will not be tolerated by the Club, and any such offender will be subject to disciplinary action.
Any Official, Coach, Player or Member who is found consuming or in possession of illicit drugs, or acting under the influence of illicit drugs (other than drugs which have been prescribed on medical grounds), will in the absence of mitigating circumstances, be deemed to be committing an act of gross misconduct and will render themselves subject to the disciplinary consequences of the Club.
KEY BEHAVIOUR GUIDE
- All players must ensure the game is played and conducted in accordance with disciplined and sporting behavior;
- Shall co-operate in ensuring that the spirit of the laws of the game are upheld and adhered to;
- Shall not repeatedly breach the laws of the game;
- Shall accept and observe the authority and decisions of umpires and officials of the GFL;
- Shall not publish or criticise the manner in which a umpire handled a game;
- Shall not publish or cause to be published criticism of the manner in which the Committee or the GFL body handled or resolved any dispute or disciplinary matter resulting from a breach of the laws of the game.
- The club does not condone the use of recreational drug It is expected that as a members of the Club you will respect the Club’s clear stance on this issue. Use or proliferation of recreational drugs in any situation where you are representing the Club is unacceptable and represents a violation of this code.
- Shall not abuse, threaten harass or intimidate a umpire or GFL official, or spectators whether on or off the field of play;
- Shall not use crude or abusive language or gestures towards referees, GFL official or spectators;
- Shall not do anything which is likely to intimidate, offend, insult, humiliate or discriminate against any other Person on the ground of their religion, race, colour or national or ethnic origin.
- Shall not to do anything which adversely affects the Clubs management committee, any subcommittee or any commercial partner of the club
SANCTIONS & PENALTIES
If you are a supporter/ member thought to have violated this Code; the Club’s Committee will investigate your case. You may then be required to appear before a panel (made up by current Committee members).
This panel may decide (amongst other sanctions) to revoke your membership and expel you from the Club.
If you are a player thought have violated this Code – you may be required to appear before the player’s “leadership group”.
The Club’s Committee and player leadership group will administer penalties for any breach in the Code of Conduct as appropriate, and can include:
- Direction to make a verbal or written apology
- Direction to undergo counseling
- Expulsion and/or termination of Contract
- Cancellation of Membership
- Such other sanction deemed appropriate
To download the printable PDF version of the Code of Conduct follow this link: KCFC Code of Conduct